Instructor Certification Programs (ICP)
PASA ICP’s are Instructor Certification Programs. You must be a professional member and logged in as a professional member to register for an ICP
If you have further questions after reading this page, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your email address and phone number
Upcoming ICP Clinics
Kiteboarding ICP – Hatteras Island, NC -April 18 – 22, 2020
This ICP(Instructor Certification Program) will take place on Hatteras Island, NC in Rodanthe. The course is 5 days M-F from 9-5. The exact location is the Kitty Hawk Kites Kiteboarding Resort:
24505 Highway 12
Rodanthe, NC 27968
Milepost 40 on Highway 12
Condominium Lodging on Site! – Waves Village – www.wavesvillage.com
Hotel: www.seasoundmotelobx.com – Mention Kitty Hawk Kites referred you and get a 10% discount.
Rodanthe Watersports and Campground – closest.
Camp Hatteras – www.camphatteras.com
What You Learn
PASA certifies both Kiteboarders and Kiteboarding Instructors. Once you become a PASA Certified Instructor, you can then certify Kiteboarders through the measurable skill levels established by PASA.
- PASA ICP’s are Instructor Certification Programs.
- PASA certifies both Kiteboarders and Kiteboarding Instructors. Once you become a PASA Certified Instructor, you can then certify Kiteboarders through the measurable skill levels established by PASA.
- PASA ICP’s are five-day intensive training courses to prepare you to become the best kiteboarding instructor that you can be! PASA works with multiple PASA examiners around the nation to host these ICP’s and establish this nationally recognized level of instructor certification.
- PASA ICP’s are a Tremendous Value:
- Be Able to Certify Your Students as PASA Kiteboarders, Level 1, 2, & 3
- Sharpen Your Communication Skills
- Learn Organized Lesson Plans
- Develop Teaching Styles That will Reach Different Learning Styles
- Learn the Latest Teaching Aids
- Become Part of a well established Professional Network
- Advertise Yourself with our Instructor Profile
- Become Eligible for Business Sport Insurance
- Increase Job Opportunities and Travel Opportunities
- Learn to Teach Safely and Foster Good Judgement Making Skills in Your Students
- If you are interested in becoming a PASA Certified Instructor, you may see a list of upcoming ICP (Instructor Certification Programs) courses by viewing our calendar or click on the links below.
- You must join PASA as a Professional Member before you can register for an ICP
- The tuition for the ICP course is $500
We have examiners who are sometimes able to travel and schedule an ICP at your location if you have enough Instructors who will register. Please email inquiries to email@example.com.
Note: You must be a PASA Professional Member to Register for ICP Clinics. You will also need to keep your annual membership in good standings in order to remain PASA certified. This also enables you to have your instructor profile and the online features for logging and certifying your students. (Your Professional Membership expires a year from the date you register, NOT the date you turn in all of your paperwork & become a certified instructor)
ONLY PASA Certified Instructors can Certify Kiteboarders.
How to Sign up for the ICP
Step One: Sign up as a professional member and pay your annual dues. Please use the username: first name initial and last name.
Step Two: Please allow 2 business days for us to activate your Professional Membership. You will receive an e-mail confirmation from PASA.
Step Three: Log onto this website with your new username and password. You will now be able to sign up for an ICP Course.
Note: We do require payment through PayPal. You can pay with a credit card through PayPal, but you must use the PayPal features on this site.
If there are not enough people registered to hold the ICP you will be notified a week before the scheduled ICP date
Prerequisites for the ICP’s
- Complete the online basic boat safety course at http://www.boatsafe.com/
- Complete and show proof of completion of the American Red Cross CPR and First Aid course.
- Be able to ride upwind/PASA Level 3 Kiteboarder
After passing the course, you will not become a PASA certified instructor until you have turned in all of your required paperwork. Your Instructor certification expires on the same date as your professional membership, so you will need to renew it yearly.